Welcome! I’m Jane.
Are you looking for an experienced, trustworthy, professional copy-editor and proofreader? Then you’ve come to the right place.
I work with publishers, independent authors and businesses on fiction and non-fiction.
I strongly believe that trust is the cornerstone of the editor–client relationship, whether the client is an author, business or publisher. You’ve put blood, sweat and tears into your project, and you can trust me to make the editing changes that will lift your words and allow them to shine.
I want you to be delighted with my edits: to feel that your work is still yours but perfected. Polished. Ready to go confidently out into the world.
The practicalities are important too. You can trust me to be honest … but diplomatic. To be helpful and kind. To be professional. To return your project on schedule. To stick to your brief. To think of solutions to problems, and to keep you informed and up to date along the way.
Much of my work is with repeat clients, who come back to me because they trust me.
Want to discuss your project? Get in touch. Let’s talk!
Why choose me to work on your editing or proofreading project?
- I take editing seriously: I’m an Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, and a tutor on the CIEP’s editing and proofreading courses. Here’s my entry in the CIEP’s Directory of Editorial Services.
- I’m experienced: I’ve worked with publishers, independent authors and businesses on thousands of projects, including books, blogs, magazines, online courses, press releases…
- I’m reliable, thorough, friendly and honest: I always meet deadlines, and clients say they enjoy working with me.
- I love my job: I love working with clients to polish their words and make their book the best it can be.
Trust me to edit your text. These clients do.
Auzou Books, HarperCollins, Bloodhound Books, Ginger Fox, Bonnier Zaffre, Headline, Hot Key Books, Troika, Little, Brown, One Third Books, Quercus Books, Schofield & Sims, Osiris Educational, Welbeck Publishing…
- manuscript critiques
- website editing/proofreading
- writing blurbs and marketing information for books I edit/proofread
- writing blog posts and articles – contact me to chat about your requirements
My rates align with the CIEP’s suggested minimum rates.
‘I’ve worked with Jane on many game titles over the last few years and have always enjoyed it. She has always been a perfect mix of friendly and professional. Jane turns work around quickly and diligently and is always happy to expand and explain on any comments she makes, which is very helpful and allows me to make an informed decision.’
‘Jane has worked with our company for many years now. She is extremely reliable and quick to respond to proofing requests. We really trust her advice and she is a pleasure to work with. I have no hesitation in recommending Jane.’
‘I can’t say how much I appreciated your thoroughness and attention to detail throughout your copy-edit. The way you so thoughtfully engaged with the text has really reassured me. Thank you.’